Eileen is a 1981 graduate of Suffolk University Law School where she obtained her Juris Doctor Degree. She is also a Cum Laude graduate of the University of Massachusetts. Eileen is licensed to practice law before the state courts of Massachusetts and before the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the First Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to becoming a sole practitioner, Eileen was an Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County. She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Middlesex County Bar Association and South Middlesex County Bar Association. She is a past president of the South Middlesex Bar Association.
Eileen is currently the President of the Board of Directors for Framingham Court Mediation Services and recently was appointed by the Supreme Judicial Court to the Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS). She serves on the Certification Committee of CPCS which certifies lawyers for criminal appointments in the superior court in homicide cases.
Eileen is a member of the Board of Directors for the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers and currently a mentor for the Bar Advocate Program. She is a present member of Family Law Section Council of the Massachusetts Bar. She is also a past member of the Department of Youth Services Statewide Advisory Board, the South Middlesex Legal Services Board of Directors. Eileen has also been a lecturer for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and a guest lecturer on appellate brief writing for the Massachusetts School of Law.
Eileen has tried many cases in which persons were charged with murder and other serious felonies. Notable accomplishments for Eileen include the successful litigation of high profile homicide cases involving juvenile and adults including the Dartmouth High School Stabbing. She also personally represented Louise Woodward's interests in the "nanny" case. She has litigated complex juvenile and adult criminal cases on behalf of defendants and helped her clients avoid a juvenile criminal record or loss of a drivers license as a result of an OUI conviction.
Eileen has successfully litigated a number of cases which involved current trends in Family Law including grandparents' visitation rights and foster parents adoption rights. She has assisted both men and women in receiving fair and equitable divorce settlements and has tried a substantial number of divorce cases throughout Massachusetts. She has also been able to use her litigation skills and settlement negotiations to obtain personal injury awards in a variety of negligence cases. Here again Eileen has tried numerous personal injury cases throughout Massachusetts.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Massachusetts, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor - 1981
- University of Massachusetts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Member
- South Middlesex County Bar Association, Member and Past President
- Framingham Court Mediation Services, President, Board of Directors
- Supreme Judicial Court, Committee for Public Counsel Services, Certification Committee
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers, Member, Board of Directors
- Bar Advocate Program, Advocate
- Massachusetts State Bar, Family Law Section Council, Member
- Department of Youth Services Statewide Advisory Board, Past Member
Past Employment Positions
- Middlesex County, Assistant District Attorney